My last post was rather sombre; I am working up to posting properly again soon but in the interim I am now in recovery from 3 days at Leeds Festival (and three days hard lager drinking!), before zooming off to Moniack Mhor in Inverness next week for a historical fiction course. Full update after that, but here’s a short summary of my Leeds Festival highlights:
- Elle King’s set – awesome voice and she managed not to barf on us despite a monumental Reading Festival hangover
- Being tossed about somewhat wildly to Limp Bizcuit on Saturday. Stupendously good fun (and who ever thought they’d end their set with the Bee Gees?!)
- Getting sweaty festival hair to Ash, Miss Dynamite and various indy guitar bands that made me feel about 17 again
- A rather unexpected hour of joy in the Dance Tent on Saturday waving imaginary glow sticks in the air
- Royal Blood’s stupendously angry main stage set, how do 2 men make so much noise?
- My wonderful, wonderful big brother, sister in law and husband, who made the weekend such fun.
- Dancing Bear Man. Those of you who are friends with me on Facebook will have seen me bounce for the bear…
- Perfect festival weather – no rain, a breeze and not too hot. Just perfect.
- Brendon Urie, in every way shape and form. SIL agrees. Finest leather trousers in rock, like, ever! As displayed in this fine video (sadly, not filmed at Leeds, but we did all have a right good sing-a-long to Bohemian Rhapsody and You Shook Me All Night Long’:
That’s all for now, proper catch up after Moniack 🙂